I believe some of you have tried stir fried pig's kidney and/or liver with ginger and dark soy sauce? This is a common blood-nourishing dish among Chinese females and can also be found on a confinement menu.
My chef have prepared this vegetarian version of the dish using vegetarian meat and kidney. For vegetarians and those who avoid pig's kidney/liver (contains high concentration of purine) due to diseases such as gout, you may like to whip up this vegetarian dish using the following recipe. I'm not a vegetarian but i prefer this dish to the one using pig kidney/liver since the latter has too much of "porky" taste which i dislike. ;p
1. Vegetarian Meat [Jin Si Pian (金丝片) from Friendly Vegetarian Food Supplier]
2. Vegetarian Kidney (from Friendly Vegetarian Food Supplier)
3. Ginger Strips
4. Small Chili Strips
5. Sesame Oil
6. Vegetarian Oyster Sauce*
7. Black Soy Sauce*
8. Light Soy Sauce*
9. Cornflour, mixed with Water (~100ml)
*Add the amount of sauces according to your taste and colour preference.
1. Rinse the vegetarian meat and kidney.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a wok and then add in the ginger and chili strips.
3. Add the vegetarian meat and kidney and stir fry them for ~ 2 min.
4. Pre-mix the sauces and the cornflour solution and then add the resulting solution.
5. Stir fry the dish for ~ 1 min and cover the wok with a lid.
6. Simmer for around ~ 1-2 min and then serve with steamed rice or porridge.
Other Vegetarian Dishes:
1. Braised Vegetarian Meat
2. Stir Fried Vegetables with "Prawns"